dumbdown geezer

 Monday, March 28, 2011

  Walk London
  CAPITAL RING
[section 4]
  Crystal Palace to Streatham


This walk starts at the park with the dinosaurs in it. The man who made them was very bad at making dinosaurs, but he still gets a plaque on a house. Then there's a dog mess bin and a park and some crocuses, except they might be dead by now.

After Westow Park comes the Upper Norwood Recreation Ground. There was nobody recreating when I went, but there were a lot of dogs on heat. And a wet patch.

Next I went up to the top of Beulah Hill. There's a Biggin Hill here, but not the usual one. Look, you can see IKEA across the allotments. The woods are full of trees.



Norwood Grove is where the man who invented P&O Ferries used to live. He doesn't live there now because he's dead. Now the house is owned by the council, and they make the gardens looks nice. You can sit on a bench and look out at the view, but be warned the view is of Streatham.

But Streatham Common also has a secret. It has a secret garden called the Rookery. This has plants and flowers like a garden should, but also a rockery and some water features. There is also a terrace and a big slope and a sundial. Yes it is very pretty. Brides and grooms often have their photos taken here, but I didn't see any.



But I did go to the cafe. It serves tea and hot snacks like cooked breakfasts. But ROFL LOL - they can't spell tomatoes because the menu says Tomotoes. I had a bacon roll instead. The cafe was full of small children. Perhaps they like to eat here because there is a picture of Barney the Dinosaur on the wall.

Down the hill is Streatham, which is where the walk ends. Sorry about that, but I didn't invent the walk. The last bit by Streatham Common station is not nice, so I wouldn't bother to be honest.

» Capital Ring 4: official map / directions


© diamond geezer 2011



jack of diamonds