dumbdown geezer
Thursday, March 31, 2011
I get a lot of marketing emails. And I wish I didn't. Every time I get one, I ignore it. But still they send them.
Here is one: I have recently published a book about the <London transport network>. I was wondering if it would be possible to write a blog on your website? Given that the visitors to your website will be looking for information on the <London transport network> it would be fantastic.
No, I will not do that.
Here is another one: We would gladly do a feature write-up about your website in Best of the Web, our bi-weekly review of the most unique, informative and intriguing Home and Garden blogs on the web
Ha ha ha, I am not a home and garden blogger.
This next one is rubbish: Hello fella, I hope this email finds you well. I’m Tyler and I had the chance to check out your blog... I’m contacting you on behalf of <potato-based snack food> who have launched a new range. We have a few goodies that we’d love to send to you.
I do not want them, Tyler. I want you to go away and take your stupid <food company> <kitchen tool>® <potato-based snack food> with you.
I want you all to go away. Stop it now.
|
|